I’ve had a few things that I’ve wanted to talk about for a while now, but I’ve been a bit busy. My latest round of tank building is currently underway, but I’ve decided to take a short break and breathe following one of the most frustrating models I’ve ever made (and also one of the most complex).
The first row contains all of the KV-series tanks (from top left to bottom right, KV-1, KV-2, T-150, KV-220, KV-3, KV-4, KV-5, KV-7), which I had previously designed. I will finish off the first row with the KV-85 and the Shashmurin KV-4 (the KV-4 pictured is the Strukov design). The second is for the IS-series and other post-war tanks. Currently, I have the IS-6 (in white), the T-10, and Object 279. That last one took me three days to make, whereas nearly every other tank has taken me only one, though, to be fair, all three of those were unseasonably warm days, so I spent more time goofing off outside. With that geometric monstrosity out of the way – seriously, take a look at my 1/100 scale model of it, there is barely a straight line on this thing – I expect that every other tank I make from now on will be a piece of cake. The KV-85, in particular, should take me about an hour, since it uses the KV-1 hull, and has the same basic turret shape as the IS-series. The IS-1, developed directly from the KV-85, isn’t much different in appearance.
Right, break’s over. Back to work!